Why did my order receive a very small deposit that I didn't send?
The Bitcoin Cash (BCH) network has very low transaction fees, usually under $0.01 per transaction. There are companies that send transactions containing advertisements inside of the transaction data:
The advertisers are monitoring the network for Bitcoin Cash transactions like in this example:
- Bob creates an order on SideShift AI from BCH to BTC
- SideShift AI assigns deposit address
bitcoincash:foobarfoobarto the order
- Bob sends 0.25 BCH to SideShift AI
- Advertiser sees the pending transaction in the Bitcoin Cash network
- Advertiser sends 0.00001111 BCH to
bitcoincash:foobarfoobarwith a message that says "Come play at my casino. http://example.com"
- SideShift AI settles the 0.25 BCH by sending BTCC to Bob
- SideShift AI rejects the 0.00001111 BCH (around $0.002) deposit because it would cost more than $0.50 to send a BTC settlement
What actions must I take?